Important Information: This is a pre-order with a street date of August 29th, 2017. VS pre-orders usually ship one week prior to street date. You will receive an email when pre-order is ready to ship along with instructions on how to complete your purchase. Due to the complexity of the pre-order checkout process, an order may contain only a single pre-order product, and no other products, pre-order or otherwise.
NOTE: The first 1,000 copies sold through VinegarSyndrome.com will include a double-thick limited edition slipcover designed by Speed Blur. If you see this message and you order the release, you’ll get the limited slipcover.
Angela (Sigrid Thornton) is a young hair-dresser having a hard time making ends meet. Looking for a fast way to earn some extra money, she accepts a job working as a model. Soon, however, she gets the feeling that someone is watching her; following her…stalking her. Is it her deranged ice cream truck driving ex boyfriend? A psychotic admirer? Or someone more sinister… As Angela delves further into her new and sordid lifestyle, she finds herself growing closer and closer to the deadly truth.
Director Simon Wincer’s (QUIGLEY DOWN UNDER) slow burn psychological thriller, SNAPSHOT, melds character drama with moments of shocking violence and nail biting suspense. Featuring atmospheric scope photography by Vincent Monton (ROAD GAMES) and a pounding soundtrack from Brian May (MAD MAX), SNAPSHOT is a forgotten piece of Ozploitation and is proudly presented on Blu-ray from Vinegar Syndrome, newly restored from its original 35mm camera negative.
Directed by: Simon Wincer
1979 / 92 minutes / Color / 2.35:1
Actors: Sigrid Thornton, Chantal Contouri, Hugh Keays-Byrne, Robert Bruning, Julia Blake, Vincent Gil
• Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
• Newly scanned and restored in 2k from the 35mm original camera negative
• Commentary track with: Simon Wincer (director), Tony Ginnane (producer), Sigrid Thornton (lead actress), Vincent Monton (cinematographer)
• Alternate feature length Australian cut
• “Producing SNAPSHOT” – interview with Tony Ginnane
• “Not Quite Hollywood – Interviews” – extended interviews from the NQH documentary
• Multiple tv spots
• Behind-the-scenes still gallery
• Original cover artwork by Speed Blur
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH Subtitles
Link to high-res cover image: here