LIMIT 2 PER CUSTOMER.
NOTE: Subscribers (Yearly and Halfway), you will automatically be receiving the FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN UHD/Blu-ray release in your November package. There is no need to place an order (unless you'd like an extra copy)!
In the annals of 70s horror, there are many iconic films. There is only one FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN and this edition will allow you to experience it as you never have before and probably never dreamed you could.
This package contains the Flesh For Frankenstein three-disc set, including a 4K UHD (in HDR) edition of the film, and a 2-BDs, one containing the NEVER BEFORE ON VIDEO original 3-D version of the film, as well as the Flat version, plus close to 2 hours of newly shot video interviews all housed in a deluxe hardshell case adorned with the classic artwork associated with this iconic film.
Deranged scientist, Baron von Frankenstein, with the help of his bizarre assistant, Otto, is determined to create a new master race, of which he will be the leader. To achieve his objective, he constructs two perfect ‘zombies’ from an assemblage of body parts, intending them to mate. Meanwhile, complications ensue as Nicholas, a farm hand, begins an affair with the Baron’s sexually frustrated wife all while searching for his missing friend Sacha, whose head and brain have been used for Frankenstein’s male "zombie"!
A delectably gory and cynical social satire from acclaimed filmmaker Paul Morrissey (Mixed Blood), FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN is among the most original and transgressive interpretations of Mary Shelley’s classic novel. With an exceptional cast, led by Udo Kier (Suspiria, Mark of the Devil), in what might be his most iconic performance, Joe Dallesandro (Cry Baby), Monique van Vooren (Sugar Cookies), and Italian child star Nicoletta Elmi (Deep Red), and featuring a lush soundtrack by Claudio Gizzi (Blood for Dracula), FLESH FOR FRANKENSTEIN became an immediate midnight and cult movie sensation. Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents this true genre classic on 4K UHD for the first time, along with its never on home video original 3-D version, newly restored from its original negative!
directed by: Paul Morrissey
starring: Udo Kier, Joe Dallesandro, Monique van Vooren, Dalila Di Lazzaro, Srdjan Zelenovic, Nicoletta Elmi, Liù Bosisio, Arno Jürging
1973 / 95 min / 2.35:1 / English Mono
• Region Free 4k Ultra HD / Blu-rays (3-disc Set)
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Three viewing options: Digital 3-D (Blu-ray only, requires a 3-D capable TV and player), Anaglyph 3-D (Blu-ray only, works on all TVs with included 3-D glasses) and regular Flat 2-D.
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• Audio commentary with film historians and authors Samm Deighan, Heather Drain and Kat Ellinger
• “Trans - Human Flesh & Blood” - an archival interview with writer/director Paul Morrissey
• “The Ecstasy of Frankenstein” - an interview with actor Udo Kier
• “In the Flesh” - an interview with actor Joe Dallesandro
• “Dimension in Fear” - an interview with Producer Andrew Braunsberg
• “Andy’s Shadow” - an interview with film historian & author Stephen Thrower
• “Building the world of Frankenstein” - an interview with art director Gianni Giovagnoni
• “Don’t Say a Word” - an interview with actress Liù Bosisio
• “Feed My Frankenstein” - an interview with assistant director Paolo Pietrangeli
• Original theatrical trailer
• Radio spots • Promotional still gallery
• Audio Recollections with Paul Morrissey
• Screen Test footage with Paul Morrissey
• Raw Q&A footage from 2012 with Paul Morrissey
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles