This special limited edition embossed package (designed by Derek Gabryszak) is limited to just 2,000 units!
Alicia has been receiving strange phone calls in which loud and ghastly sounds echo through the receiver. Her relationship with her boyfriend, Mike, has hit a dead end and Alicia fears he’s having an affair with her twin sister, Barbara Ann. And all the while, a psychotic slasher is murdering young women with the police powerless to stop him. But then Alicia meets kind and nerdy Franklin. Will he be the man she’s been searching for, or will his own dark secrets destroy their newfound happiness?
Gorman Bechard’s (PSYCHOS IN LOVE) directorial debut, DISCONNECTED is a low budget, regional slasher oddity that subverts genre expectations, leading to a brutal and unsettling finale. Never officially released on DVD, Vinegar Syndrome brings this under seen gem of early 80s horror to Blu-ray, newly restored from original 16mm elements and loaded with extras including a rare short film directed by Bechard.
Directed by: Gorman Bechard
1984 / 84 minutes / Color / 1.85:1 OAR
Starring: Frances Raines, Mark Walker, Carmine Capobianco, Gorman Bechard
• Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
• Special Limited Edition Slipcover release (2,000 units)
• Newly scanned and restored in 2k from 16mm vault elements
• Commentary track with: Gorman Bechard (writer / director) and Carmine Capobianco (actor)
• “Dissecting Disconnected” – Interview with Gorman Bechard
• “Getting Disconnected” – Interview with Carmine Capobianco
• Director introduction
• “Twenty Questions” – Short film directed by Bechard
• “Twenty Questions” Introduction & Q&A from a 2017 festival screening
• Booklet with essay by Art Ettinger
• Cover designed by Derek Gabryszak
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles
Link to high-res cover image: here