This special limited edition embossed slipcover (designed by Chris Garofalo) is limited to just 1,500 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
From the damaged mind of director Rick Sloane (HOBGOBLINS) comes BLOOD THEATRE and THE VISITANTS.
In Sloane’s 1984 debut, BLOOD THEATRE, an old movie house in which a massacre occurred decades earlier, finally re-opens only to be once again targeted by a bloodthirsty maniac intent on murdering anyone and everyone who makes the mistake of buying a ticket. Packed with low rent bloodshed, BLOOD THEATRE exemplifies the no-budget aesthetic Sloane relished and features the one and only Mary Woronov (EATING RAOUL) in a supporting role.
Sloane’s second feature effort, THE VISITANTS, is set in the neon colored 1950s and chronicles the hi-jinx which ensue following the theft of a ray gun by a teenage boy from his bizarre neighbors who just happen to be aliens who have embedded themselves within a sleepy suburban neighborhood.
Barely seen since their brief theatrical runs, Vinegar Syndrome presents the Blu-ray debuts of these off the wall, home grown pieces of jaw dropping mutant cinema, both newly restored from their 35mm camera negatives.
Directed by: Rick Sloane
1984-1987 / 167 minutes combined / Color / 1.85:1 OAR
Combined cast: Mary Woronov, Jenny Cunningham, Marcus Vaughter, Jordana Capra, Jeffrey Culver
• Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo
• Newly scanned and restored in 2k from their 35mm camera negatives
• Bonus feature film: THE VISITANTS (1987), directed by Rick Sloane
• Commentary track with Rick Sloane on BLOOD THEATRE & THE VISITANTS
• Ensemble introduction from a screening at the New Beverly Cinema in Los Angeles with: Rick Sloane, Mary Woronov (actress BLOOD THEATRE), Marcus Vaughter (actor THE VISITANTS), Jordana Capra (actress THE VISITANTS)
• BLOOD THEATRE, post film Q&A with: Rick Sloane and Mary Woronow
• Commentary track for BLOOD THEATRE with: The Hysteria Continues!
• Reversible cover for THE VISITANTS
• English SDH subtitles
Link to high-res cover image: here