This release was limited to 12,000 units and is sold out.
A pop culture and cult film staple for nearly 35 years, we’re overjoyed to bring Hal Needham’s RAD to 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray for the first time, in a fully loaded and strictly limited edition.
This special limited edition 3D Lenticular (front) and Holographic (back) slipcover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr. and based on the iconic original poster artwork) is strictly limited and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com! We will not be repressing this release in any format once it sells out.
Cru Jones is the fastest and most talented BMX rider in his small logging town. When Duke Best, owner of Mongoose Bicycles, decides to hold a competition at a nearly impossible-to-complete BMX racing course named Hell Track, Cru decides that it's his destiny to compete in the race, which offers a winning cash prize of $100,000. But unknown to Cru, Duke has concocted the race as a publicity stunt to promote his own top rider, Bart Taylor, and begins to do everything in his power to prevent Cru from being able to enter into the competition. To make matters even more complicated, Cru soon learns that the race is scheduled the same day he's supposed to take the SATs and finds himself with a choice between his future in college and a race where all odds are stacked against him...
Among the most beloved films to emerge from the mid 80s BMX bike craze, RAD has developed an ever-growing cult audience, and stars Bill Allen (Born on the 4th of July), Lori Loughlin (TV’s Full House), two time Academy Award nominee Talia Shire (Rocky, The Godfather), Golden Globe nominee Jack Weston (Dirty Dancing), real life Olympic champion Bart Connor and more. Directed by prolific stuntman and filmmaker Hal Needham (Smokey and the Bandit) and featuring stunning photography by Richard Leiterman (Stephen King's It ), this fun, fast paced, and inspiration for many future pro BMX superstars makes its belated Blu-ray and 4K Ultra HD debut from Vinegar Syndrome, in a brand new, breathtaking 4K restoration from its original 35mm camera negative.
Directed by: Hal Needham
Starring: Bill Allen, Lori Loughlin, Talia Shire, Jack Weston, Bart Connor
1986 / 91 min / 1.85:1
• 4k Ultra HD (Region Free) / Blu-ray (Region A) Combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• Limited Edition 3D Lenticular (front) and Holographic (back) Slipcover
• Brand new commentary track with lead actor Bill Allen
• Brand new commentary track with actress Talia Shire and Robert Schwartzman
• Archival commentary track with: Bill Allen, actor Bart Conner, writer Sam Bernard and various BMX stunt riders
• “The Stuntman Directs” - an interview with director Hal Needham
• “Writing something Rad” - an interview with Sam Bernard
• “Rad 25” - footage from the 25th anniversary event
• Multiple archival video interviews with cast and crew
• “Break the Ice” music video
• Original theatrical trailer
• Extensive behind-the-scenes stills and promo material
• Reversible cover artwork
• SDH English subtitles