This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover is limited to 2,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Saturn's Core Audio & Video is a New Jersey based home video label devoted to releasing underground oddities and shot on video cinema on VHS, and now, blu-ray discs! In partnership with OCN Distribution, Saturn's Core will exhume forgotten or under-seen genre cinema from the 80s and 90s, with an emphasis on SOV horror features. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
Houston, Texas. Sometime in the near future. In the aftermath of the catastrophic collapse of America’s governmental and financial infrastructures, Dij is a pink-haired, crank-snorting, cyber-alchemist performing high priced hacks for hire from his fully mobile, holstered laptop. Dij navigates through a dystopian urban jungle, evading the ire of rival “government” street gangs and wielding his itinerant PC like a futuristic gunslinger, erasing phone bills and shutting down life support systems for a bounty of drugs, floppy discs, and cash. When Dij is hired by would-be terrorists to obtain a high-risk, weaponized computer virus, he instead finds himself involuntarily becoming the carrier of a far more insidious cargo – the fallout from which may lead to war, or even the end of all humanity as we know it.
A highly inventive and virtually undiscovered SOV masterpiece shot guerrilla style on the streets of Houston in 1992, No Resistance was the brainchild of Lunatic Fringe Productions, a Texas based film collective spearheaded by visionary director Tim Thomson and his equally imaginative writing & acting partners David Rains and Irving Cutter. A prophetic, futuristic knockout with a kinetic industrial noise rock soundtrack by Houston’s Pain Teens, it stands apart in the echelon of shot on video features by dwelling unabashedly in the realms of both action & science fiction. Like a dime-store Blade Runner by way of Yojimbo and filtered through the gritty lens of Deadbeat at Dawn, No Resistance remains one of the ‘90s most iconoclastic, cyberpunk, neo-noir sagas.
directed by: Tim Thomson
starring: David Rains, Chris Jones, Wendy M. Frasier, Irving Cutter, Bliss Blood
1994 / 85 min / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Audio commentary with writer / director Tim Thomson, producer Michael Schneider Jr., writer / actor David Rains & writer / actor Irving Cutter
- Audio commentary / music track with writer / director Tim Thomson, producer Michael Schneider Jr., & musician Scott Ayers of Pain Teens
- “Cyberpunk Yojimbo” -an interview with director Tim Thomson
- “No Re:” -pitch trailer for the proposed No Resistance original TV series (w/ optional audio commentary)
- “Coral Kiss” -Pain Teens music video by Tim Thomson (w/ two optional audio commentaries)
- “White Bunnies” -Truth Decay music video by Tim Thomson (w/ optional audio commentary)
- “3 by dr:op:fr:am+e” -music video by Tim Thomson
- Reversible cover art
- English SDH subtitles