Subscribers: this is included in your Subscription.
This special limited edition 3-disc 4K UHD/Blu-ray set comes with a spot gloss hard slipcase + slipcover combo (designed by Robert Sammelin) and is limited to 7,000 units. It is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
In one of the seediest parts of Midtown, Manhattan, strange things are going down at the aptly-named Hotel Quickie. The male patrons, who use the establishment as a playground for their every sexual whim, are mysteriously getting their genitals bitten off, with bizarre claims abounding about a carnivorous condom on the loose. Assigned to the peculiar case, Sicilian-born cop Luigi Mackeroni is initially skeptical - but the matter soon becomes intensely personal when, during an encounter at the hotel with a young rent boy, he himself is attacked by one of the man-eating prophylactics, losing a testicle in the process. It quickly transpires that the Big Apple is being besieged by an entire army of ravenous rubbers, and Mackeroni must work to crack the case before the emasculation epidemic escalates!
Based on the best-selling adult comic books by Germany’s Ralf König, Martin Walz’s KILLER CONDOM is a delirious horror-comedy in the vein of Frank Henenlotter by way of film noir, and featuring gag-inducing special effects by notorious splatter master Jörg Buttgereit (Nekromantik, Schramm) along with Academy Award-winner H. R. Giger (Alien, Species) serving as creative consultant. Finally unleashed in its never-before-released director’s cut (in addition to the theatrical version) and newly restored in 4K from its original camera negative by the mad celluloid scientists at Vinegar Syndrome, KILLER CONDOM crawls up from the sewers in its worldwide UHD debut - endowed with a girthy array of both brand new and archival extras, offering film fans plenty to sink their teeth into!
directed by: Martin Walz
starring: Udo Samel, Peter Lohmeyer, Iris Berben, Leonard Lansink, Marc Richter, Evelyn Künneke
1996 / 118 min / 1.85:1 / German 5.1 Surround & 2.0 Stereo
- 3-disc Set: 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray x2
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Presented in two versions: 118-minute director's cut (4K UHD & Blu-ray) along with the 108-minute theatrical cut (Blu-ray only)
- Brand new commentary track with co-writer/director Martin Walz and special effects supervisor Jörg Buttgereit (Director's Cut)
- Archival commentary track with Martin Walz and Jörg Buttgereit (Theatrical Cut)
- "A Rough Ride" - a brand new interview with co-writer/director Martin Walz
- "This Is What We Built!" - a brand new 'show and tell' with co-writer/director Martin Walz
- "Severed Parts" - a brand new interview with special effects supervisor Jörg Buttgereit
- "Rubber and Rushes" - a brand new interview with editor Simone Klier
- "Holy Mackeroni!" - a brand new interview with co-writer/director Martin Walz and actor Udo Samel
- "What Is This?" - a brand new interview with actor Adriana Altaras
- "It's Just a Movie" - a brand new interview with actor Peter Lohmeyer
- "Really Special Items" - a brand new interview with prop collector Roman Güttinger
- "Ich hätt's ihm früher sagen sollen..." - a 2003 short film directed by Martin Walz
- Archival making-of featurette
- Behind-the-scenes footage
- Archival on-set interviews
- "Would You Use This Condom?" - an archival featurette
- Original theatrical trailer
- Original video trailer
- Reversible cover artwork
- Newly translated English subtitles