This special limited edition rigid slipcase & slipcover set (designed by Tom Hodge & Earl Kess) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
An assortment of unruly and misfit teens have all been forced to attend camp at a wildlife preserve, to commune with nature. What they don't realize is that nearby in the woods, an illicit marijuana growing operation is underway and the weed farmers have been using a pesticide which has had one very unintended side effect: turning ordinary ticks into giant, ravenous bloodsuckers...
One of the quintessential creature features of the early 90s, Tony Randel's (Hellbound: Hellraiser II, Amityville: It's About Time) TICKS pays loving tribute to 1950s giant monster movies, updating the formula by adding copious amounts of slime and heavily increased bloodshed. Starring Seth Green (Austin Powers), Alfonso Ribeiro (TV's Fresh Prince of Bel Air), Rosalind Allen (TV's Seinfeld) and a very memorable appearance from Clint Howard (Ice Cream Man), Vinegar Syndrome brings TICKS to 4K UHD for the very first time in a never-before-seen extended version, featuring comprehensive interviews and commentaries with the film's key creators including producer Brian Yuzna (Society) and TICKS creator and effects supervisor, Doug Beswick (Aliens, The Terminator).
directed by: Tony Randel
starring: Seth Green, Ami Dolenz, Rosalind Allen, Clint Howard, Alfonso Ribeiro, Virginya Keehne
1993 / 88 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free UHD/Blu-ray Set
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm interpositive
• Commentary track with director Tony Randel and actor Clint Howard, moderated by Nathaniel Thompson
• Commentary track with special effects supervisor Doug Beswick and stop-motion animator Yancy Calzada, moderated by filmmaker Joe Begos
• “UNDER THE SKIN: THE MAKING OF TICKS” - an extended three part making-of documentary with: director Tony Randel, actress Rosalind Allen, special effects supervisor Doug Beswick, actress Ami Dolenz, writer Brent Friedman, editor Leslie Rosenthal, composer Christopher Stone and executive producer Brian Yuzna
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles