2022 Subscribers: This is NOT included in your subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, your 50% off SRP discount code is: sub50
This discount code will work with most Partner Label, VSA, VSU, VSP or Peekarama titles that falls within your subscribership (certain releases, like box sets, will require a different code).
This special limited edition embossed slipcover is limited to 1,500 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Saturn's Core Audio & Video is a New Jersey based home video label devoted to releasing underground oddities and shot on video cinema on VHS, and now, blu-ray discs! In partnership with OCN Distribution, Saturn's Core will exhume forgotten or under-seen genre cinema from the 80s and 90s, with an emphasis on SOV horror features. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
Three petty criminals attempt a botched armed robbery which culminates in a bloody shootout, leaving only the getaway driver Simon unscathed. The wounded felons decide to hole up in an isolated, abondoned house deep within the forest while awaiting a rendezvous with their co-conspirator Lisa. After burying one of his deceased accompolices in the backyard, Simon is eerily haunted by images of of violence and horror from his lamentable past. Aroused by the spilling of fresh blood, a spectral axe-wielding psychopath and his undead minions mysteriously materialize; inflicting incessant physical and psychological torture upon Simon and his gang throughout the night, in a malevolent attempt attempt to possess their corrupted souls for eternity.
The feature debut from Springfield, Missouri based video director Ronnie Sortor (Ravage), Sinistre is an awe-inspiring, post-Tarantino, heist / haunted house mash up that instantly marked the emergence of a fresh and unique voice withing the '90s SOV scene. A mix of manic action set pieces, nightmarish surrealism, and entrail ripping, head stomping gore courtesy of FX artist Mike Strain (You're Next, V/H/S) Saturn's Core is proud to present Sinistre in its first and definitive Blu-Ray edition, fully approved and supervised by director Ronnie Sortor.
directed by: Ronnie Sortor
featuring: Daniel Skinner, Steve Kelly, J. Gregory Dollarhide, Marcia Carol Miller-Dollarhide
1995 / 73 min / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free Blu-ray
• Newly restored Director's Final Cut (73 min.)
• Audio commentary with director / editor Ronnie Sortor
• Two isolated audio tracks featuring music by composers Larry Simmons & Clark Carter
• Original alterate 1997 "Sinyster" cut (71 min.) featuring a new optional retrospective commentary with director Ronnie Sortor
• Archival cast commentary with director Ronnie Sortor, writer / producer Todd Reynolds, and actor Dan Skinner
• Archival audio commentary with special FX artist Mike Starin
• "Beyond the Screen" - new behind the scenes featurette
• "Sinistre @ Studio 2060" - behind the scenes of the Final Cut shoot
• "Composing Sinistre" - an interview with composer Clark Carter
• "Sinyster / Sinistre" - a before and after comparison
• Vintage 1994 TV new coverage
• Outtake reel
• "Remains" - a short film by Ronnie Sortor (with optional director's commentary)
• Behind the scenes of "Remains"
• Reversible sleeve
• English SDH subtitles