This listing is for the standard edition 4k UHD/Blu-ray Combo. The limited edition slipcover (designed by Robert Sammelin) was limited to 6,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
George Lutz, his wife Kathy, and their three children have just moved into a beautiful, and improbably cheap, Victorian mansion nestled in the sleepy coastal town of Amityville, Long Island. However, their dream home is concealing a horrific past and soon each member of the Lutz family is plagued with increasingly strange and violent visions and impulses. Fearing for their sanity, they consult with Father Delaney who realizes a dark supernatural presence has consumed the home and is attempting to propel the Lutz family into becoming its latest victims of unspeakable acts of violence...
One of the most acclaimed and terrifying horror films of the 1970s, director Stuart Rosenberg's (Cool Hand Luke) The Amityville Horror (TM) features powerhouse performances from James Brolin (Westworld), genre film icon Margot Kidder (Superman, Black Christmas), Rod Steiger (In the Heat of the Night), and cult star Don Stroud (Django Unchained). With a chilling screenplay by Sandor Stern, based on Jay Anson's best selling novel, and an unnerving score by Lalo Schifrin (Mission: Impossible), Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present the UHD debut of The Amityville Horror, stunningly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative and featuring a comprehensive selection of new and archival interviews.
directed by: Stuart Rosenberg
starring: James Brolin, Margot Kidder, Rod Steiger, Don Stroud, Murray Hamilton, John Larch
1979 / 118 min / 1.85:1 / English 5.1 Surround
- 4K Ultra HD / Region A Blu-ray Set
- 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Presented for the first time on home video in its original unaltered theatrical surround mix with an optional stereo mix
- "My Amityville Diaries" - a brand new making-of documentary featuring interviews with screenwriter Sandor Stern, actor Meeno Peluce, actor Don Stroud, actor Marc Vahanian and actress Amy Wright
- "For God's Sake, Get Out!" - an archival making-of documentary featuring interviews with actor James Brolin and actress Margot Kidder
- "Brolin Thunder" - an interview with actor James Brolin from 2017
- "Child's Play" - an interview with actor Meeno Peluce from 2017
- "Amityville Scribe" - an interview with screenwriter Sandor Stern from 2017
- "The Devil in the Music" - an interview with composer Lalo Schifrin from 2017
- "Haunted Melodies: A Journey Inside the Music That Makes Horror Come Alive" - an interview with composer Lalo Schifrin from 2013
- Commentary track by Dr. Hans Holzer, PhD in Parapsychology (Author of ‘Murder in Amityville’)
- Video introduction by Dr. Hans Holzer
- Original theatrical trailer
- Still gallery, TV Spot, Radio Spots
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles