This listing is for the standard edition Blu-ray/DVD combo. The limited edition slipcover was limited to 1,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Russia. 1992. The Soviet Union has fallen but there remains an unholy alliance between the mob and the KGB. Oleg, an Afghan war veteran, is running a survivalist summer camp when his son is taken hostage as retribution for his friend's refusal to lead a drug and gun smuggling caravan. With no other options to save his son, Oleg agrees to lead the caravan himself and is soon pitted against a siege of violence as he attempts to carry out his orders and live to see his son again.
Despite its early 90_Ì_ÌøÌ_å©s production, Vsevolod Plotkin's RED MOB (Chtoby vyzhit) is staunchly situated in the stylistic tropes of late 80s action blockbusters. Helicopter dogfights, incredibly staged explosions, and death-defying action sequences abound, played against a tense and suspenseful story of survival.
Barely given a release outside of Russia, RED MOB played an important role in post-USSR Russian cinema, with much of its cast and crew continuing on to create the highly-successful NIGHT WATCH duology. Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents RED MOB on Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world, newly restored from its 35mm Interpositive in both its Russian and slightly extended American version.
- Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
- Scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm Interpositive
- Includes both the Russian language version and the American version
- "Producing RED MOB" - video interview with Producer Arthur Schweitzer
- "Shooting from the Hip" - career featurette with Arthur Schweitzer, founder of Cinevest
- Original English trailer
- Promotional still gallery
- Original cover artwork by Derek Gabryszak
- Reversible cover artwork
- English & Russian SDH Subtitles