- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
This special limited edition embossed slipcover (designed by Ralf Krause) is limited to 8,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Kai is a violent fugitive on the run from the law. Making his way from Hong Kong to South Africa, he begins a new life working at a small Chinese restaurant. When he joins his boss on a work trip through the African savanna, he encounters a remote African tribe afflicted with the Ebola virus. After attacking a young woman from the tribe, he contracts the virus, but to his surprise, he discovers that he’s immune to the deadly disease. His ruthlessness emboldened, Kai returns to Hong Kong, thus setting into motion a blood spewing and bodily fluids oozing nightmare!
One of the most shocking and notorious Category III films, Herman Yau’s (The Untold Story) EBOLA SYNDROME is a delectably grotesque and darkly comedic splatter film masterwork and stars Hong Kong cult film superstar, Anthony Wong (Hard Boiled), in one of his most outrageous performances. For years almost impossible to find in its uncut form, Vinegar Syndrome is delighted to present the worldwide UHD debut of EBOLA SYNDROME, newly scanned and restored in 4K from its original 35mm camera negative and finally fully uncut for the first time on English friendly home video.
directed by: Herman Yau
starring: Anthony Wong, Yeung-Ming Wan, Fui-On Shing, Meng Lo, Miu-Ying Chan, Tsui-Ling Wong
1996 / 100 min / 1.85:1 / Cantonese Mono with English subtitles
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray Set
• 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• Brand new introduction by director Herman Yau
• Brand new interview with Herman Yau
• “Cantonese with Dr. Yau” - a brand new featurette with Herman Yau on the difficulties of translating Cantonese into English
• Archival interview with Herman Yau and actor Anthony Wong
• Archival commentary track with Herman Yau and Anthony Wong
• Brand new commentary track with film historian and author Samm Deighan
• Reversible cover artwork
• Newly translated English subtitles