After their carriage breaks down and their driver is killed in a freak accident, a group of young women are forced to spend the night in a strange and isolated former sanatorium, which has just been purchased by the secretive Dr. Marlow (Paul Naschy). Unbeknownst to the visitors, Dr. Marlow is actually Count Dracula, and stalking the sanatorium are his recently turned vampire slaves. Soon the guests begin to be attacked by the ravenous bloodsuckers, while Dracula sets his sights on the beautiful virgin Karen, deciding to offer her his hand in marriage...
One of Naschy's most significant roles, Javier Aguirre's COUNT DRACULA'S GREAT LOVE is a sensitive, complex, and surprisingly subversive Dracula story featuring expert direction, effective gothic atmosphere, and gruesome violence. Presented here in its full strength 'unclothed' export version, Vinegar Syndrome brings this classic piece of Spanish horror cinema to Blu-ray for the first time anywhere in the world, fully restored from its uncut International negative and featuring a never released feature length audio commentary track with star Naschy and director Aguirre.
- All extras on both formats
- Region free Blu-ray and DVD combo pack
- Scanned & restored in 2k from 35mm internegative
- Commentary track with director Javier Aguirre and lead actor Paul Naschy, moderated by Angel Gomez Rivero
- New video interview with actress Mirta Miller
- Includes both the English dub and original Spanish language soundtrack
- International theatrical trailer
- Still gallery
- 8 page booklet by Mirek Lipinski
- English and Spanish subtitles
- Reversible cover artwork