This listing is for the standard edition 4K UHD/Blu-ray Combo. The limited edition slipcover (designed by Earl Kessler Jr.) was limited to 6,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Detectives Doug Bigelow and Roger Mortis have just tried, and failed, to take down a ring of master thieves who have been targeting high end jewelry dealers. While orchestrating a massive siege, the thieves are violently eliminated; one blown apart and the other crushed. While being autopsied, the forensic pathologist makes an inexplicable discovery: the "dead" men were already dead before being "killed." In other words, they were zombies. With little information to go on besides the presence of a strange man-made substance in the cadaver's flesh, Bigelow and Mortis attempt to piece together the mystery, which eventually leads them to a chemical plant, wherein Mortis, true to his name, winds up killed by a hulking zombie. But who’s better to fight zombie criminals than a zombie cop?
A novel take on the zombie film, Oscar nominee Mark Goldblatt’s (The Punisher) directorial debut, DEAD HEAT is a tightly paced and darkly comedic action-horror film featuring plentiful gore effects and with an all-star cast, headlined by Emmy nominees Treat Williams (Things to Do in Denver When You’re Dead), Joe Piscopo (Wise Guys), Darren McGavin (Kolchak: The Night Stalker), alongside horror icon Vincent Price (Theatre of Blood) in one of his final roles. Vinegar Syndrome proudly presents the worldwide 4K UHD debut of DEAD HEAT, newly restored from its 35mm original negative!
directed by: Mark Goldblatt
starring: Treat Williams, Joe Piscopo, Vincent Price, Darren McGavin, Lindsay Frost
1988 / 84 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray Set
• 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
• Archival commentary track with: director Mark Goldblatt and screenwriter Terry Black alongside producers Michael L. Meltzer and David Helpern
• "The Building Blocks of Movies" - a brand new interview with director Mark Goldblatt
• "A Thousand Feet of Lightning" - a brand new interview with visual effects artist Ernest Farino
• "Seizing the Opportunity" - a brand new interview with second unit director Patrick Read Johnson
• "How to Edit For An Editor" - a brand new interview with editor Harvey Rosenstock
• "Happy Accidents Happen" - a brand new interview with composer Ernest Troost
• "Dead and Alive" - an archival interview with makeup effects creator Steve Johnson
• Still gallery
• Original theatrical trailer
• TV spot
• Deleted scenes
• Archival EPK featurette
• MIFED promotional piece
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles