2023 Subscribers: this release is included in your package.
This special limited edition spot gloss slipcover (designed by Robert Sammelin) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Invincible and Bee are two wannabe gangsters who spend their days hanging around the mall selling bootleg DVDs. When they aren't committing petty crimes and trying to pick up girls, the two hoodlums run errands for their low level Triad boss. When one of these errands involves them picking up their boss's car from the mechanic, things take a turn for the two delinquents when they accidentally hit a man walking in the middle of the road. Trying to hide their crime, Invincible and Bee bring the man's body to the mall in order to figure out their next move. Little do they know that the man has been infected with an experimental bio-weapon that has turned him into a zombie. When the man's corpse doesn't stay put, it's only a matter of time before the victims start piling up and the mall soon becomes overrun by a zombie horde trapping a group of shoppers inside. Will Invincible and Bee step up to become heroes and save the day or will their slacker nature get the best of them dooming all inside?
Directed by one of Hong Kong's most prominent action directors, Wilson Yip (Ip Man, SPL: Kill Zone), BIO ZOMBIE is a neon-filled zombie comedy bursting at the guts with 90s flare. Featuring a cast of likable characters lead by Jordan Chan (Young and Dangerous) and Sam Lee (Gen-X Cops) as Invincible and Bee, as well as a strong supporting cast featuring Emotion Cheung (The Demon's Baby), Angela Tong (Honour of the Gods), and Suk-Mui Tam (Fist of Legend). Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present this gory slice of 90s nostalgia on Blu-ray for the first time, restored from studio supplied masters.
directed by: Wilson Yip
starring: Jordan Chan, Sam Lee, Emotion Cheung, Angela Tong, Suk-Mui Tam, Yiu-Cheung Lai, Tat-Wah Lok, Frankie Chan
1998 / 94 min / 1.85:1 / Cantonese 2.0 Stereo
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Studio supplied master with additional restoration performed by VS
- Presented in both it's original Cantonese language soundtrack with newly translated English subtitles and a Mandarin language dub track *
- Brand new commentary track with film historian Frank Djeng
- "Bio Zombie" - an interview with co-writer/director Wilson Yip by Frédéric Ambroisine
- "Video Games, Contaminated Lucozade and Human Sushi" - a video essay by film historian Chris O’Neill
- Alternate Ending of Bio-Zombie
- 20-page booklet with essay by author Rod Lott and film programmer / writer Ariel Esteban Cayer
- Reversible sleeve artwork
- Newly translated English subtitles
* Please note: our edition of Bio Zombie is presented with its original Cantonese language track as well as its official Mandarin dub. While we are aware than an English dub was created by a former US distributor, it was not sanctioned, supervised, or approved by the filmmakers and presents a highly inaccurate translation and poor mix.