This listing is for the standard edition Blu-ray. The limited edition slipcover was limited to 1,500 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Saturn's Core Audio & Video is a New Jersey based home video label devoted to releasing underground oddities and shot on video cinema on VHS, and now, blu-ray discs! In partnership with OCN Distribution, Saturn's Core will exhume forgotten or under-seen genre cinema from the 80s and 90s, with an emphasis on SOV horror features. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
One of the most visionary artists to arise from the pre-digital, shot on video underground, director Charles Pinion's awe-inspiring features fearlessly blurred the lines between punk rock, Cinema of Transgression, avant-garde surrealism, pornography and backyard splatter films. Saturn's Core is proud to present two of Pinion's most daring works with newly reconstructed, director approved restorations from the original analog master tapes.
Red Spirit Lake (1993)
After a vengeful sorceress is tortured and killed by a corrupt industrialist looking to harnass the spectral powers of Red Spirit Lake, her niece arrives in snow covered Angel Falls to settle her aunt's estate. A meditation on The Old Dark House replete with UFO abductions, castration, frank nudity, witchcraft, fatal fistings, and slughterous saunas; Red Spirit Lake is a cacophony of subversive hyper violence, psychotic surrealism, salacious sexual choas, and picturesque winter vistas featuring acting performances by a cavalcade of legendary Cinema of Transgression era artists and filmmakers including Richard Kern, Holly Adams, Kembra Pfahler, Tessa Hughes-Freeland, and Tommy Turner as well as an insurgent soundtrack featuring music by Cop Shoot Cop, Lydia Lunch, Clint Ruin, and The Lunachicks.
We Await (1996)
A con artist is held captive by an unhinged cannibal family that ingests copious quantities of hallucinogenic, green fungal goo covertly harnessed from an otherworldly, sentient crystal housed in their third third floor apartment of horrors. Featuring a man who willfully chooses to be a dog, sexual stimulation via blowtorch, and a corpulent, nude and blood soaked Godzilla-sized Jesus; We Await is a shot on video, urban riff on The Texas Chainsaw Massacre that slowly descends into a psycho sexual, drug-fueled, analog aurora borealis nightmare like no other. Starring director Pinion, adult filmmaker David Aaron Clark, visual artist Alyssa Taylor Wendt, and boasting a blistering soundtrack featuring music by Crash Worship, Neurosis, and Unsane.
directed by: Charles Pinion
featuring: Richard Kern, Holly Adams, Charles Pinion, Amanda Collins, Alyssa Taylor Wendt, David Aaron Clark, Kembra Pfahler
1993-1996 / 124 min (combined) / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Brand new restoration of both features from the original master tapes supervised by director Charles Pinion
- Two audio commentaries with director Charles Pinion moderated by Mike Hunchback of Seminal Psychosis
- "Red Reason to Live" - an interview with director Charles Pinion on Red Spirit Lake
- "Psychic Powerful" - an interview with director Charles Pinion on We Await
- "Dissection of a Shot" & "Disembowelment of a Shot" - raw footage featurettes
- "Spirit Drive" - original excerpt from We Await
- "Sprit Drive Document" - making of featurette
- "Madball" (1988) - a 16mm short by Charles Pinion
- "Making of Madball" - behind the scenes featurette
- "Try Again" (2015) - a short film by Charles Pinion
- Video Pharmacy exclusive deleted scenes and outtakes
- Music video and other rare footage from the Pinion vault
- Charles Pinion trailer reel
- "Blood Video: Charles Pinion Edition" - 28 page booklet designed by Matt Desiderio of Horror Boobs featuring a career spanning interview with Charles Pinion conducted by Mike Hunchback
- Reversible sleeve featuring newly commissioned artwork by Corinne Halbert
- English subtitles