Blood Mania / Point of Terror
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Sold Out / OOP
Vinegar Syndrome presents a lurid double dose of 70s sleaze from one of the most enigmatic leading men of the era: Peter Carpenter.
First, in Robert Vincent O'Neill's BLOOD MANIA, Carpenter stars as Craig, lover of the unstable Victoria (Maria De Aragon), who's very keen to see her wealthy father reach an early grave so she can inherit his fortune. Deciding to speed up the process, she concocts a diabolical plan for his demise, only to be met with some unexpected obstacles... Playing like a sex and violence drenched soap opera, BLOOD MANIA is a mind-bending drive-in oddity that keeps you guessing until its final shocking twist.
Then, in Alex Nicol's POINT OF TERROR, Carpenter headlines as Tony Trelos, a lounge singer who mysteriously wakes up on Andrea's (Dyanne Thorne) private beach. The two quickly begin an affair, but things get complicated when Andrea decides to murder her wheelchair bound husband and Tony starts sleeping with Andrea's pretty stepdaughter... With its Tom Jones inspired musical interludes and DP Robert Maxwell's Bava-esque lighting scheme, POINT OF TERROR plays like a candy colored acid trip into the world of vanity themed exploitation.
Vinegar Syndrome proudly brings both of these jaw dropping classics to Blu-ray, newly restored from their original negatives and featuring their much sought after alternative TV versions (exclusive to this first pressing of 3,000 units)!
Directed by: Robert Vincent O'Neill & Alex Nichol
Starring: Peter Carpenter, Maria De Aragon, Leslie Simms, Vicki Peters, Dyanne Thorne, Jacqueline Dalya
1970-1971 / 168 minutes (combined) / Color / 1.85:1
- LIMITED EDITION EXCLUSIVE: Bonus DVD featuring alternate TV versions for both films! (Limited to 3,000 units)
- Region free 3-disc Blu-ray and DVD combo pack
- Both films scanned and restored in 2k from 35mm camera negative
- Commentary track on BLOOD MANIA with Robert Vincent O'Neill (Director), Leslie Simms (Actress) and Vicki Peters (Actress)
- Video interview and introduction with director Robert Vincent O'Neill
- Video interview with actress Leslie Simms
- Theatrical trailers for both films
- TV spots for both films
- Promotional galleries for both films
- Reverse cover artwork
- English SDH Subtitles