This special limited edition spot gloss variant slipcover (designed by Charles Forsman) is limited to 2,500 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
The original limited edition slipcover was limited to 2,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Sarah and her boyfriend Ted have decided to spend Christmas with Ted's mother at her home in rural Wisconsin. However, upon arriving, Sarah begins to feel a strange presence around her and soon after, a mysterious figure garbed in a Samurai outfit begins murdering the townsfolk, eventually setting his sights on Sarah, Ted, and his family...
A supernatural slasher film like no other, Fabrice Zaphiratos' French-US co-production, BLOOD BEAT, applies an arthouse aesthetic to its American regional cinema stylings, resulting in a dreamy and haunting atmosphere to compliment the bloodletting and outrageous twists. Barely released on video in the US and never officially released on disc, Vinegar Syndrome presents the Blu-ray debut of this one of a kind horror oddity, restored in 2k from its original 35mm negative.
Directed by: Fabrice Zaphiratos
Starring: Helen Benton, Terry Brown, Dana Day, James Fitzgibbons
1982 / 86 minutes / Color / 1.33:1
- Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
- Newly scanned and restored in 2k from the 35mm original camera negative
- Commentary track with Fabrice Zaphiratos (writer/director)
- Video interview with Fabrice Zaphiratos
- Video introduction with Fabrice Zaphiratos
- Video interview with Vladimir Van Maule (cinematographer)
- BLOOD BEAT: Silent Version (featuring Nervous Curtains and Horror Remix)
- "L.U.N.C.H." - short film written and directed by William Zaphiratos (son of Fabrice)
- Stills gallery
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles