Set in the small town of Freedom, Kansas in 1954, GOOD LUCK, MISS WYCKOFF stars Anne Heywood as Evelyn Wyckoff, a virginal high-school teacher who learns that she has started early menopause. Feeling hopeless and isolated, she is advised by her doctor (Robert Vaughn) and psychiatrist (Donald Pleasance) to find a lover, which results in a series of brutal and horrifying events.
Based on a novel by Pulitzer Prize winning playwright William Inge (Picnic, Splendor in the Grass), GOOD LUCK, MISS WYCKOFF is a haunting story of ill-fated lust and sexual repression set against a backdrop of American racism.
Directed by Marvin Chomsky (Roots, Holocaust), written by Academy Award nominee Polly Platt (Targets, Pretty Baby), with a score by Oscar winning composer Ernest Gold (Exodus), and featuring Dorothy Malone. Ronee Blakley, Carolyn Jones and the feature film debut of John Lafayette, GOOD LUCK, MISS WYCKOFF is being presented uncut for the first time on home video.
Director: Marvin Chomsky
Actors: Donald Pleasence, Earl Holliman, John Lafayette, Robert Vaughn, Anne Heywood, Carolyn Jones, Doris Roberts, Dorothy Malone
1978 / USA / 106 minutes + extras / 1.85:1 / Color
- Blu-Ray/DVD/CD Combo Pack | Region Free | 1.85:1 AR | MONO
- Restored in 2K from 35mm original camera negative
- Soundtrack CD (Composer, Ernest Gold)
- Re-issue cut "THE SIN" (DVD only)
- Theatrical trailers (DVD only)
- Television spots (DVD only)
- Still gallery (DVD only)
- "Thoughts on William Inge" video interview with Academy Award nominated actress Shirley Knight (DVD only)
- English subtitles