This special limited edition embossed slipcover is limited to 2,500 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
The American Genre Film Archive (AGFA) represents the world's largest theatrical catalog of exploitation cinema. Their home video line presents a diverse selection of movies, ranging from new preservations of classics from the vast library of Something Weird to the wildest in shot-on-video (SOV) titles. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
Fed up with waitressing, Jade Cochran (Claire Brennen) embarks on a new life with a traveling carnival. But she discovers that what lurks behind the curtain doesn’t take too kindly to her backstabbing plans. A gutter-noir reworking Tod Browning’s FREAKS and a valentine to the carnival lifestyle that defined the career of producer David F. Friedman (BLOOD FEAST), SHE FREAK is a snapshot of life, love, and revenge on the grounds of a seedy carnival in Smalltown, USA -- complete with crackpot monster make-up effects from Harry Thomas (PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE). Like Devo’s music and Ed Wood’s novels, SHE FREAK creates a synthetic reality that is often preferable to our own. AGFA + Something Weird are beyond excited to present a dazzling 4K restoration of this essential weirdo classic.
directed by: Byron Mabe
starring: Claire Brennen, Felix Silla
1967 / 83 min / 1.85:1 / English Mono
• Region Free Blu-ray
• 4K restoration from the original 35mm camera negative
• Archival commentary with producer David F. Friedman and Something Weird founder Mike Vraney
• ASYLUM OF THE INSANE: SHE FREAK inserts preserved in 2K
• THE LAUGHING, LEERING, LAMPOONING LURES OF DAVID F. FRIEDMAN: a feature-length compilation of trailers from the Something Weird vaults, newly preserved in 2K
• Vintage shorts from the carnival midway
• Promotional photo gallery
• Booklet with essay by Something Weird’s Lisa Petrucci
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles