- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
This special limited edition embossed slipcover (designed by Earl Kess) is limited to 5,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Carmen Simms has just been sentenced to death; that is, life imprisonment on Terminal Island - an island located miles off the mainland of California, which was created to house murderers and vicious criminals in the wake of prison overcrowding. With no guards, no cells, and no laws, Terminal Island has morphed into a defacto society, whose self-appointed leader, the tyrannical Bobby, rules with an iron first, using other inmates - particularly women - for his own brutal pleasures. As tension and violence mounts, Carmen finds her place as the unlikely leader of the island’s underground resistance, which is planning to overthrow Bobby’s reign of terror.
A cult movie masterpiece from acclaimed filmmaker Stephanie Rothman (The Working Girls, The Velvet Vampire), TERMINAL ISLAND wryly blends a violent action and survival film plot structure with commentary on the American justice system. Starring Phyllis Davis (Sweet Sugar), veteran TV actor Don Marshall (The Thing With Two Heads), and Emmy winner Tom Selleck (TV’s Magnum, P.I.) in one of his earliest roles, Vinegar Syndrome is proud to bring TERMINAL ISLAND to UHD and Blu-ray, in its first ever authorized disc release, newly restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative.
directed by: Stephanie Rothman
starring: Phyllis Davis, Tom Selleck, Marta Kristen, Ena Hartman, Roger E. Mosley, Don Marshall
1973 / 88 min / 1.85:1 / English Mono
• Region Free UHD/Blu-ray Set
• 4k UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Newly scanned & restored in 4k from its 35mm original camera negative
• “Why Be A Man, When You Can Be A Rothman?” - brand new extended interview with co-writer/director Stephanie Rothman
• “From Hartman to Carmen” - brand new interview with lead actress Ena Hartman
• “Crash Landing On Terminal Island” - brand new featurette with actress Marta Kristen and actor Sean Kenney
• “The Rothmanaissance: Rediscovering The Work Of Stephanie Rothman” - brand new critical featurette with film historian Dr. Alicia Kozma and film author/journalist/programmer Heidi Honeycutt
• Stills gallery
• Theatrical trailer
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles