Subscribers: This is NOT included in your Subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, you will need to login to view your special 50% off SRP pricing.
This special limited edition spot gloss slipcover (designed by Alessa Kreger) is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Umbrella Entertainment has been a 100% Australian-owned and operated distributor for over 20 years. Their vast home entertainment catalogue features an extensive range of Australian classic, cult and exploitation films restored under the eyes of the original filmmakers. All sourced from national archives, underground collectors and local basements.
A stranger, Asta Cadell (Deborra-Lee Furness, Jindabyne) limps into an outback town on a crippled motorcycle. Trapped while she waits for repairs, Asta stays at the garage of Tim Curtis (Tony Barry, Australia).The outsider soon discovers that Tim's young daughter Lizzie (Simone Buchanan, My Brilliant Career) is the latest victim of the local sport: gang rape. Some women are intimidated, others make excuses and the law looks the other way – but nothing ever changes.Attacked herself, Asta is drawn in to the struggle of the town's women for safety and dignity. Emboldened by her, Lizzie lays charges and all hell breaks loose.The women rise up, but resistance is never that easy or that simple...
directed by: Steve Jodrell
starring: Deborra-Lee Furness; Simone Buchanan; Tony Barry
1988 / 94 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 1.0
- Region Free Blu-ray
- ALL NEW INTERVIEW WITH STEVE JODRELL (DIRECTOR), MICHAEL BRINDLEY (CO-WRITER), BEVERLEY BLANKENSHIP (CO-WRITER), SIMONE BUCHANAN (LIZZIE), & PAUL BARRON (PRODUCER)
- AUDIO COMMENTARY with Steve Jodrell (Director), Simone Buchanan (Lizzie) & Michael Brindley (Co-writer)
- EXCERPT OF ORAL HISTORY WITH FILM BUFF PAUL HARRIS AND STEVE JODRELL
- ORIGINAL FOOTAGE FROM THE PREMIERE FOR ‘SHAME’
- ABC TV – ARTSPACE Interview with Deborra-Lee Furness – 25 min
- Original archival theatrical trailer
- Booklet with an essay by Alexandra Heller-Nicholas
- English SDH subtitles