Subscribers: This is NOT included in your Subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, you will need to login to view your special 50% off SRP pricing.
This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Saturn's Core Audio & Video is a New Jersey based home video label devoted to releasing underground oddities and shot on video cinema on VHS, and now, blu-ray discs! In partnership with OCN Distribution, Saturn's Core will exhume forgotten or under-seen genre cinema from the 80s and 90s, with an emphasis on SOV horror features. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
When a pair of divers go missing near The Catfish, the notorious site of a mysterious 1920s shipwreck, a tenacious news reporter Megan Flowers (Pamela Sutch) becomes determined to unravel the mysterious connection between the divers’ disappearance and the ominous nuclear power plant located on the shores of the small coastal community. When a local, close knit group of salvage divers are enlisted to search the area, the tension mounts as the shores become awash in radioactive corpses and bloodsucking, mutant vampire humanoids!
Started in 1999 but not released on video until 2005, Saturn’s Core is proud to present the definitive release of director Dave Castiglione’s elusive, shot on video, aquatic eco-horror epic Deep Undead. An homage to the underwater creature features of the 1980’s that features a cavalcade of ‘90s SOV luminaries including Pamela Sutch (Psycho Sisters), Dawn Murphy (Backwoods Marcy), Mick McCleery (Addicted to Murder), Debbie D. (Burglar From Hell), Laura Giglio (Sorority Slaughter), & Osman Karriem (Love Is a Stranger Again), Deep Undead takes a deep dive into terror with its atmospheric scares, pulsing synth score, telepathic mutant sexcapades, and hypnotic underwater videography.
directed by: Dave Castiglione
starring: Pamela Sutch, Vince Butler, Debbie D., David Maul, Dawn Murphy
2005 / 104 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0
- Region Free Blu-ray
- New transfer of the 2019 director’s cut version from the original SVHS master (104 min.)
- Audio commentary with director Dave Castiglione moderated by Ross Snyder of Saturn’s Core
- New transfer of the original 2005 VHS cut from the original SVHS master
- "Diving Deeper Into Deep Undead” -a new feature length retrospective documentary featuring director Dave Castiglione, composer Matt Cannon, author Richard Mogg, and stars Debbie D., Laura Giglio, Mick McCleery, & Phil Herman
- Q&A from the 2019 cast & crew reunion screening at the Blue Moon Theatre
- “Beyond the Deep Undead” -archival making-of featurette
- Two alternate endings
- “Open House” (2020) -a short film directed by Matt Cannon starring Deep Undead filmmaker Dave Castiglione
- Photo / artwork gallery
- Reversible cover art
- English SDH subtitles