Happy New Year Vinegar Syndrome style! Limited edition slipcover release designed by Earl Kessler. Edition size = 3,000. Limit one per customer. Most likely to be repressed as a standard edition in late 2019 or early 2020.
• Customers with active preorders use the ‘Add to my existing preorder’ free shipping option.
• 2019 Yearly Subscribers will automatically receive this with their January shipment.
• This release will be in stock and shipping mid-January.
After finding themselves stranded on a remote island, a group of young friends discover that the only structure is an old hotel which seems inexplicably stuck in 1959 and, stranger still, has up Christmas and New Year’s decorations despite it being the middle of summer. As the youngsters take shelter for the evening, increasingly weird events begin to occur, as each of the hotel’s unexpected guests meets a gruesome fate…
The final feature film directed by legendary British horror filmmaker, Norman J. Warren (SATAN’S SLAVE, TERROR), BLOODY NEW YEAR is a distinctly original hybrid of slasher, supernatural horror, and near surrealism, elevated by impressively executed and fittingly violent death sequences, along with one of the most absurd and jaw-dropping final twists present in any 80s horror film. Vinegar Syndrome is pleased to offer this prime cut of mind-bending horror on Blu-ray, restored from what is believed to be the only surviving film elements!
Directed by: Norman J. Warren
1986 / 94 minutes / Color / 1.85:1 OAR
Cast: Suzy Aitchison, Nikki Brooks, Daniel James, Mark Powley
• Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo
• Newly scanned & restored in 2k from 35mm archival elements
• Commentary track with director Norman J. Warren
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles
Link to high-res cover image: here