Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
BRAND NEW 4K RESTORATION! Legendary producer/director Dan Curtis (The Night Stalker, The Night Strangler) teams up with renowned sci-fi/horror writers Richard Matheson (I Am Legend) and William F. Nolan (Logan’s Run) to present three tales of horrific suspense in this highly rated and critically acclaimed made-for-television anthology that also showcases the tremendous acting talent of Karen Black (Burnt Offerings, The Day of the Locust), who plays four distinct roles. In Julie, an aggressive college student seduces and ultimately blackmails his seemingly shy English professor; in Millicent and Therese, two polar-opposite sisters become increasingly hell-bent on the undoing of one another; and in Amelia, a woman falls prey to a murderous Zuni fetish doll. The strong supporting cast includes George Gaynes (Tootsie), John Karlen (Daughters of Darkness) and Gregory Harrison (TV’s Trapper John, M.D.).
- Brand New 4K Restoration
- NEW Audio Commentary by Film Historian Richard Harland Smith
- NEW Interview with Composer Bob Cobert
- Audio Commentary with Karen Black and writer William F. Nolan
- "Richard Matheson: Terror Scribe" Featurette
- "Three Colors Black" Featurette
- Limited Edition Booklet essay by Film critic and author Simon Abrams
- Newly Commissioned Art by Jacob Phillips
- Limited Edition O-Card Slipcase