Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
COME TO THE BLACK MASS – IF YOU DARE!
THE SATANIST is the lost film from Zoltan G. Spencer (Spencer Crilly), never before available on home video in ANY format and UNSEEN for 46 years. Now Garagehouse Pictures brings this obscure Satanic sexploitation horror film to Blu-ray in a 4K restoration for the first time anywhere!
A writer recovering from a nervous breakdown moves to the country with his wife for a rest cure that turns into a nightmare when the two become unwilling participants in an ancient Satanic ritual and a wild bacchanal of the flesh. Weird forbidden rites, erotic succubi, obscene devil dances: THE SATANIST will take you to the edge of madness!
1968 / 62 mins. / B&W / Mono / Not Rated
- 4K Restoration from the only known 35mm film print
- Sound digitally remastered from the original optical tracks
- Presented in its original 1.37:1 aspect ratio
- Audio Commentary by Chris Poggiali & Ashley West
- Liner notes by Chris Poggiali
- Garagehouse Pictures Trailers
- New artwork by Stephen Romano
- Plus added bonus feature: SISTERS IN LEATHER!
- 4K scan from the Original Camera Negative
- Sound digitally remastered from the original optical tracks 1969