This listing is for the standard edition Blu-ray/DVD combo. The limited edition slipcover was limited to 3,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Something is terrifyingly wrong with the children of Ravenback. After their school bus passes through a mysterious cloud of yellow smoke, the children are are transformed into bloodthirsty zombies with black fingernails which burn anything they touch. As parents and unwitting townspeople are burned to a crisp, the local police force frantically searches for the missing kids, unaware of their new and deadly powers...
Shot back to back with FRIDAY THE 13TH, and sharing some of the same crew, Max Kalmanowicz's THE CHILDREN is an outrageous and fun drive-in horror classic. Featuring an eerie score from Harry Manfredini (FRIDAY THE 13TH) and produced by Carlton Albright (LUTHER THE GEEK), Vinegar Syndrome brings THE CHILDREN to Blu-ray, newly restored from the best surviving film elements and in its extended director's cut!
- Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo
- Newly scanned & restored in 2k from a combination of its 35mm original camera negative and best surviving 35mm theatrical prints.
- New audio commentary with director Max Kalmanowicz
- Archival audio commentary with producer/co-writer Carlton J. Albright
- "Childhood Memories: Making the Children" - a new interview with Carlton J. Albright & production manager David Platt
- "Return to Ravensback" - a newly produced locations then-and-now featurette
- "The Lost Scene" - audio from a lost scene of The Children
- Archival video interview with Carlton J. Albright
- "Memories of The Children" - archival featurette with: Carlton J. Albright, Patricia Albright & Gil Rogers
- "Making The Children" - archival featurette with: Carlton J. Albright & David Platt
- "The Children: The Musical" - archival interview with Stan Richardson, co-creator of the musical rendition of The Children
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles