Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
Peter Medak’s classic ghost story THE CHANGELING has been out of circulation for years on home video but now looking better than ever in a new HD transfer created from a 4K scan of the inter-positive film element.
It is perhaps the most chilling supernatural thriller of our time. It remains a career peak for star George C. Scott and director Peter Medak (THE RULING CLASS, THE KRAYS). Now the film that Martin Scorsese calls “one of the scariest movies ever made” finally comes to Blu-ray: Academy Award® winner Scott delivers “one of his greatest performances ever” (BloodyGoodHorror.com) as a Manhattan composer consumed by grief after his wife and daughter are killed in a shocking accident. But when he moves to a secluded Victorian mansion, he will find himself haunted by a paranormal entity that may unleash an even more disturbing secret. Trish Van Devere (THE HEARSE), two-time Oscar® winner Melvyn Douglas (BEING THERE) and Barry Morse (ASYLUM) co-star in “one of the most unsettling ghost stories ever” (IFC.com), winner of 8 Genie Awards – including Best Foreign Actor, Best Foreign Actress and Best Canadian Film – and based on actual events.
- Audio Commentary With Director Peter Medak and Producer Joel B. Michaels Moderated By Severin Films’ David Gregory
- The House On Cheesman Park: The Haunting True Story Of The Changeling
- The Music Of The Changeling: Interview With Music Arranger Kenneth Wannberg
- Building The House Of Horror: Interview With Art Director Reuben Freed
- The Psychotronic Tourist: The Changeling
- Master of Horror Mick Garris On The Changeling
- Poster & Still Gallery
- TV Spot