This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover (designed by Robert Sammelin) is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Deaf Crocodile is an L.A.-based Distribution + Restoration company focused on New, Independent, Lost/Unseen and World Cinema with a special interest in Animation, Cult Horror + Fantasy, LGBTQ films, and the work of neglected and underrepresented Filmmakers from across the spectrum. The company was founded by film restoration expert Craig Rogers and distributor / exhibitor Dennis Bartok. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing Deaf Crocodile's brand new line of home video releases!
In the vein of SHAFT and DOLEMITE, SOLOMON KING stars Sal Watts as an ex-CIA operative / ex-Green Beret / nightclub owner seeking violent revenge for the murder of his girlfriend by hitmen working for an oil-obsessed Middle Eastern ruler.
directed by: Sal Watts/Jack Bomay
starring: Sal Watts, "Little" Jamie Watts, Samaki Bennet, Claudia Russo, Felice Kinchelow, Louis Zito, Tanya Boyd (uncredited)
1974 / 84 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS HD-MA 2.0
- Region A Blu-ray
- New restoration by Deaf Crocodile from the only known complete 35mm print
- New commentary track by film critic and historian Walter Chaw (Film Freak Central, A Walter Hill Film - MZS Press)
- New commentary track by author, journalist, and documentary film producer Steve Ryfle (Ishiro Honda - Wesleyan University Press)
- New three-part video interview with Belinda Burton-Watts (widow of director/star Sal Watts)
- New booklet essay by Josiah Howard (Blaxploitation Cinema: The Essential Reference Guide - FAB Press)
- July 18, 1976 episode of THE JAY PAYTON show (executive produced by Sal Watts)
- Reproduction of the original SOLOMON KING pressbook
- Restoration demo video featuring the original faded print and the newly restored feature
- Blu-ray mastering and authoring by David Mackenzie/Fidelity in Motion
- English SDH subtitles