LIMIT 1 PER CUSTOMER
RED SUN RISING is part of our Vinegar Syndrome Archive collection, celebrating forgotten cinematic oddities from the video store era. This collection was inspired by our own brick & mortar video store, The Archive in Bridgeport, CT.
Unique to this line, each hand numbered limited edition release will come fitted in a specially designed, bottom loading VHS inspired slipcase, while also including a double-sided poster.
These releases will ONLY be available on our website and at participating indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them. This slipcase edition (designed by Ralf Krause) is strictly limited to 5,000 units and may (but probably not) be followed by a standard edition in the future.
When his partner is killed by the Yakuza, Tokyo detective Thomas Hoshino (Don "The Dragon" Wilson) travels to Los Angeles to pursue the men responsible. After confronting one of the Yakuza leaders in an LAPD elevator, Hoshino witnesses the gangster die in a mysterious fashion. Skeptical of Hoshino, Police Captain Meisler (Michael Ironside) assigns Det. Karen Ryder (Terry Farrell) to watch over Hoshino and make sure he doesn't interfere with the case. Putting aside their cultural differences, the two detectives begin working together and soon uncover evidence of an international gun smuggling ring involving the Yakuza, crooked cops, and local gang members. All the while, a mysterious assassin with the ability to kill with a single touch is after Hoshino and his new partner.
Starring World Kickboxing Champion, Don "The Dragon" Wilson (Ring of Fire, New York Ninja), RED SUN RISING is an explosive action thriller with fast-paced fight scenes choreographed by Wilson himself, along with fight choreographer Art Camacho. Co-starring Terry Farrell (Hellraiser III: Hell on Earth), Michael Ironside (Total Recall), and Japanese character actor Mako (Conan the Barbarian), Vinegar Syndrome Archive is proud to present this under-seen slice of 90s action on Blu-ray, newly restored and scanned in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative.
directed by: Francis Megahy
starring: Don "The Dragon" Wilson, Terry Farrell, Michael Ironside, Mako
1993 / 99 min / 1.85:1 / English Stereo
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- "The Dragon Rises" - a brand new interview with actor Don "The Dragon" Wilson
- "Red Sun Reflections" - a brand new interview with first assistant director Erica Fox
- "Producer Fu" - a brand new interview with producer Paul Maslak
- "Newby's Way" - a brand new interview with cinematographer John Newby
- "Master of the Flying Edit" - a brand new interview with editor John Weidner
- Archival interview with director Francis Megahy
- Archival interview with actor Don "The Dragon" Wilson
- Archival interview with producer Paul Maslak
- Archival interview with actor James Lew
- Archival interview with writer Neva Friedenn
- Archival interview with actor Ewart Chin
- Archival interview with actor / fight choreographer Art Camacho
- Original video trailer
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles