Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
Prepare yourself for a tour de force of martial arts mayhem the likes of which the world has never seen!
Filmed in 1984 but never released, NINJA BUSTERS was a lost movie, never screened for audiences and doomed to obscurity—until now! Thirty years later, the sole 35mm film print of NINJA BUSTERS has been unearthed, allowing this completely insane kung fu comedy to finally be unleashed! Bernie and Chic (karate grandmasters Eric Lee and Sid Campbell) are two loveable goofballs just looking for easy work, sexy ladies, and a good slice of pizza. But a beating from a gang of thugs convinces the buddies to train in the martial arts in the hopes of meeting girls…and maybe learning self-defense. After stumbling across the operations of some illegal weapons dealers and their army of paid ninja assassins, Chic and Bernie must team up with their kung fu comrades to contend with sleazy gangsters, ruthless ninjas, underwear-throwing bikers, militant revolutionaries, and bitchin’ breakdancers. Will our heroes be able to defeat the mob and bust the ninjas? And more importantly, will they ever score with the chicks? Presented for the first time from a 4K digital restoration, NINJA BUSTERS is action packed, absolutely ridiculous, and guaranteed to become a cult film favorite.
- Transferred and Digitally Mastered in 4K from the only existing Fine Grain Answer Print
- Sound Digitally Remastered from the Original Optical Soundtrack
- Fully Restored and Presented in the Original Panavision 2.39:1 Aspect Ratio
- 25GB Single Layer Blu-ray
- All Regions
- Audio Commentary with Director Paul Kyriazi
- Introduction by the director
- THE TOURNAMENT, Paul Kyriazi’s First Feature
- Fan Testimonials
- Liner notes by Dan Fraga of Exhumed Films
- Poster Reproduction Card
- All new artwork by Stephen Romano