This listing is for the standard edition Blu-ray/DVD combo. The limited edition dayglo slipcover was limited to 3,000 units and is sold out. The two versions are identical, aside from the slipcover.
Margaret (Anne Carlisle) is a fashion model with dreams of stardom, whose alter ego and rival, Jimmy (also Carlisle), abuses and takes advantage of her to satisfy his rampant drug addiction. Unknown to them, tiny, invisible aliens have landed on the roof above the squalor in which they live and begin killing anyone Margaret has sex with to feed on their pleasure giving neurotransmitters. All the while, a German scientist attempts to capture and study them.
Hailed by Time Magazine as 'a two hour act of imagination,' Slava Tsukerman's LIQUID SKY is an underground masterpiece of avant-garde science fiction filmmaking. Set against the visual majesty of New York's early 80s New Wave scene, and filled with arresting cinematography by Yuri Neyman, along with an acclaimed original soundtrack, Vinegar Syndrome proudly brings this quintessential midnight movie to Blu-ray, newly restored in 4k from its original 35mm camera negative.
- Region free Blu-ray/DVD combo pack
- Special Limited Edition Slipcover release (3,000 units)
- Newly scanned and restored in 4k from the 35mm original negative
- Brand new commentary track with: Slava Tsukerman (director)
- Video interview with Slava Tsukerman
- Video interview with Anne Carlisle (actress)
- Director's introduction
- "Liquid Sky Revisited" (2017) - 50 minute making-of documentary
- Q&A from a 2017 Alamo Dafthouse Yonkers screening with: Slava Tsukerman, Anne Carlisle and Clive Smith (music)
- Isolated soundtrack
- Never before seen outtakes
- Alternate opening sequence
- Behind the scenes rehearsal footage
- Multiple theatrical trailers
- Still gallery
- Artwork designed by Derek Gabryszak
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles