Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
RABID, DRUG-INFESTED HIPPIES ON A BLOOD-CRAZED KILLING SPREE!
It’s NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD meets Charlie Manson in this gore-drenched 1971 drive-in classic.
After consuming rabies-infected meat pies, an LSD-addicted hippie cult goes on a vicious murdering rampage! Heavily censored since its original release, this infamous landmark of cinematic brutality is being presented in all its blood-splattered glory.
‘Wildly lurid…David Durston directs with a raw force and pace’
– Joe Dante, director of THE HOWLING
‘It’s fast, unrelentingly violent and sexually explicit, with a shock every few minutes.’
– Bill Landis, SLEAZOID EXPRESS
- Spectacular new HD restoration of the original UNCENSORED DIRECTOR’S CUT
- 4 controversial deleted scenes including the original blood-drenched ending deemed too disturbing for ’70s audiences!
- Provocative audio commentary by director David Durston and star Bhaskar
- Newly recorded audio commentary by stars Jack Damon and Tyde Kierney
- Revealing on-camera interviews with stars Lynn Lowry, Tyde Kierney and Jack Damon
- New in-depth interview with director David Durston
- The original theatrical trailer and radio spots
- Extensive gallery of stills and poster art
- Rare and shocking film of Bhaskar performing THE EVIL KING COBRA DANCE
- Liner notes by renowned horror journalist David Szulkin (THE MAKING OF WES CRAVEN’S LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT)
- Beautiful embossed slipcover
- PLUS OTHER SURPRISES!
- I EAT YOUR SKIN (1964) – presented for the very first time in HD + exclusive interview with 2nd unit director William Grefe
- BLUE SEXTET (1969) – David Durston’s long-lost X-rated psychedelic shocker – presented for the very first time on home video!