This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover (designed by Robert Sammelin) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Ted and Mary have just moved, with their two young daughters, to the sleepy coastal town of Gull Island so that Ted can complete work on his thesis. Everything couldn’t seem more picturesque about their new, seaside home…that is, except for the increasing number of aggressively behaving birds. After surviving an unprovoked nighttime avian invasion, Ted becomes determined to figure out the cause of their unusual behavior; an investigation which leads him to uncover the sinister goings on in the nearby waters. All the while, the birds increase their now deadly attacks, moving up from family pets to human victims…
One of the handful of direct-to-cable-television horror movies produced in the early to mid 90s by Universal, THE BIRDS II: LAND’S END is a jaw dropping animal attack spectacle from director Rick Rosenthal (Halloween II) which stars Brad Johnson (Always), James Naughton (Cat’s Eye), Chelsea Field (Master of the Universe), and Tippi Hedren (The Birds). Never released on disc, Vinegar Syndrome brings this notorious sequel to Blu-ray, newly restored from its 35mm interpositive and featuring comprehensive interviews with cast and crew.
directed by: Rick Rosenthal
starring: Brad Johnson, Chelsea Field, James Naughton, Tippi Hedren
1994 / 86 min / 1.33:1 / English Stereo
- Region A Blu-ray
- Newly scanned & restored in 2K from its 35mm interpositive
- Commentary track with film historians Amanda Reyes and Sam Pancake
- “Don't Remake Hitchcock Movies” (54 min) - an extensive making-of documentary featuring interviews with its cast and crew
- “The Silence of the Birds” (17 min) - an interview with composer Ron Ramin
- “The Locations of Birds II” (11 min) - a locations featurette with production assistant Craig Edwards
- Still Gallery
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles