This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover (designed by Robert Sammelin) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Anthropology professor, Dr. Prell, has invited his class to a remote cabin in the mountains to research the mythical Abominable Snowman. Soon after they arrive, strange events begin to befall the students, including sightings of a huge, white, furry creature. When several members of the group go missing, only to be discovered dead; their bodies horribly mangled, fears mount that the legendary monster is very real and out for blood...but is everything as simple as it appears?
Low-rent gore, bizarre twists, and one of the strangest looking versions of Bigfoot in cinema history, Michael Findlay’s (The Touch of Her Flesh, Snuff) SHRIEK OF THE MUTILATED has earned, and lives up to, its reputation as one of the quintessential pieces of early 70s drive-in filmmaking. Produced and co-written by Ed Adlum (Invasion of the Blood Farmers) and photographed by Roberta Findlay (Tenement), Vinegar Syndrome is excited to bring this 42nd St classic to Blu-ray, in its fully uncensored and un-tampered with, original version, newly restored in 4K from its recently unearthed 35mm camera negative.
directed by: Michael Findlay
starring: Alan Brock, Jennifer Stock, Tawm Ellis, Ed Adlum as the Yeti
1974 / 87 min / 1.37:1 / English Mono
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Newly scanned and restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
- Brand new commentary track with cinematographer Roberta Findlay, moderated by film historian Casey Scott
- “Yeti Again” (13min) - a brand new interview with Roberta Findlay
- “So Bad So Great” (22min) - a brand new interview with producer & co-writer Ed Adlum
- “The Wilds of Westchester” (14min) - the locations of Shriek of the Mutilated
- Audio Essay by Cryptozoology author David Coleman (30min)
- Reversible cover artwork
- English SDH subtitles