Subscribers: This is NOT included in your Subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, you will need to login to view your special 50% off SRP pricing.
This special limited edition spot gloss slipcover (designed by Beth Morris) is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Deaf Crocodile is an L.A.-based Distribution + Restoration company focused on New, Independent, Lost/Unseen and World Cinema with a special interest in Animation, Cult Horror + Fantasy, LGBTQ films, and the work of neglected and underrepresented Filmmakers from across the spectrum. The company was founded by film restoration expert Craig Rogers and distributor / exhibitor Dennis Bartok. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing Deaf Crocodile's brand new line of home video releases!
In the vein of horror anthologies like Mario Bava’s BLACK SABBATH, the long-unseen PRAGUE NIGHTS is a gorgeous and supernatural vision of ancient and modern Prague, caught between Mod Sixties fashions and nightmarish Medieval catacombs, and filled with Qabbalistic magic, occult rituals, giant Golems, clockwork automatons and satanic visitors.
directed by: Miloš Makovec, Jiří Brdečka, Evald Schorm
starring: Miloš Kopecký, Milena Dvorská, Jan Klusák, Lucie Novotná, Teresa Tuszyńska, Josef Somr,
1969 / 99 min / 1.37:1 / Czech DTS-HD MA 1.0
- Region A Blu-ray
- New video interview with Czech film critic and screenwriter Tereza Brdečková on her father, Jiří Brdečka (co-director and co-writer of PRAGUE NIGHTS), covering his famed career as a filmmaker, animator & screenwriter (approx. 45 minutes, in English)
- New audio commentary by Tereza Brdečková and Czech film expert Irena Kovarova of Comeback Company
- Two superb and haunting Jiří Brdečka animated short films: “Pomsta” (Revenge) (1968, 14 min.), and “Jsouc na řece mlynář jeden” (There Was A Miller On A River) (1971, 11 min.) - Both in Czech with English subtitles
- New essay by Tereza Brdečková on the making of PRAGUE NIGHTS, translated by Jonathan Owen
- Blu-ray authoring by David Mackenzie of Fidelity In Motion.
- New art by Beth Morris
- English subtitles