Subscribers: This is NOT included in your Subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, you will need to login to view your special 50% off SRP pricing.
This special limited edition spot gloss slipcover (designed by Aleksander Walijewski) is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Yellow Veil Pictures is a New York City and Los Angeles-based film sales and distribution company focusing exclusively on boundary pushing genre cinema, seeking to highlight filmmakers who exist on the cusp of commercial and arthouse cinema.
During a trip from Warsaw to Paris an actress reflects on the last few years of her life during the German occupation while hiding a fellow actor wanted for murder. Based on a novel by Kazimierz Brandys and told in a series of vignettes, Wojciech Has’s psychological tragedy marks the end of the Polish Film School and an important transition in the Polish director’s career.
directed by: Wojciech Has
starring: Barbara Krafftówna; Zbigniew Cybulski; Artur Mlodnicki, Wienczyslaw Glinski
1963 / 98 min / 1.37:1 / Polish DTS-HD MA 5.1
- Region A Blu-ray
- Introduction Notes on How to be Loved by Annette Insdorf, Film Professor at Columbia University, and author of books including "Intimations: The Cinema of Wojciech Has"
- Post Screening Notes on How to be Loved by Annette Insdorf.
- Discussion on How to be Loved with Sebastian Smoliński, Film Critic
- Written Essay by Michael Brooke, writer
- Written Essay by Annette Insdorf
- New slip cover by Aleksander Walijewski
- English subtitles