Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
“If you only see one movie this year, it should be FRANKENHOOKER.” – Bill Murray (CADDYSHACK, GHOSTBUSTERS, STRIPES)
From Frank Henenlotter, the creator of the BASKET CASE trilogy and BRAIN DAMAGE, comes FRANKENHOOKER, a gory horror-comedy twist on the Frankenstein legend.
When Jeffrey Franken’s fiancée is chopped to pieces by the blades of a remote-controlled lawnmower, he uses his dubious medical knowledge to try to bring her back to life. He reassembles his beloved Elizabeth using the body parts of New York City’s finest prostitutes, and resurrects her during a heavy lightning storm. Unfortunately for Jeffrey, his dear Elizabeth’s brain is scrambled and she runs amok on 42nd Street, turning tricks and bringing high-voltage death to her customers!
- AUDIO COMMENTARY with Director Frank Henenlotter and Make-Up Effects Designer Gabe Bartalos
- A SALAD THAT WAS ONCE NAMED ELIZABETH - Patty Mullen Featurette
- A STITCH IN TIME: THE MAKE-UP EFFECTS OF FRANKENHOOKER - Featurette
- TURNING TRICKS: JENNIFER DELORA REMEMBERS FRANKENHOOKER - Featurette
- ORIGINAL THEATRICAL TRAILER
- REVERSIBLE/ALTERNATE COVER ARTWORK