This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover is limited to 2,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Saturn's Core Audio & Video is a New Jersey based home video label devoted to releasing underground oddities and shot on video cinema on VHS, and now, blu-ray discs! In partnership with OCN Distribution, Saturn's Core will exhume forgotten or under-seen genre cinema from the 80s and 90s, with an emphasis on SOV horror features. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
In the near future, the world’s population is forced to stay confined in their homes at all times. Due to the depleting ozone layer, those that venture outdoors quickly devolve into zombie-like, mutant “outsiders”. The GVC agency provides all complying citizens with their communication and entertainment needs through its government regulated internet. Joseph Cyrus is a door to door PC repairman, forced to brave the perils of the outside world in order to keep his GVC clients fully “connected”. During his travels, Joseph soon begins seeing visions of a God-like being that urges him to destroy the Internet using a homemade virus. Is Joseph losing his sanity, serving the whims of a higher power, or being tricked by the world’s greatest trickster?
The SOV feature debut from Drop Dead Films, a New Jersey based film collective formed by the innovative duo of writer / author Barry Gerdsen (The Between Time) and 3 time Emmy Award winning director / editor Matthew Giaquinto (Spider-Man, The Daily Show), The Good Book remains one of the most prophetic and imaginative, techno-horror epics to arise from the ‘90s micro-budget underground. Featuring an appearance by Bob Dorian (Evil Dead), special makeup FX by Fred Kraemer (John Wick 3, Vanilla Sky) and an energetic soundtrack featuring Saigon Kick and American Standard, The Good Book is an awe-inspiring mashup of inventive plot twists, practical splatter FX, and genuine atmospheric scares.
directed by: Matthew Giaquinto
starring: Brian Campbell, Barry Gerdsen, Chris Paine, Alan Ambron
1997 / 81 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 2.0
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Brand new transfer from the original master tapes
- Audio commentary with writer / director Matthew Giaquinto & writer / producer Barry Gerdsen
- “The Making of Drop Dead Films” -a feature length documentary chronicling the complete history of The Good Book and Drop Dead Films featuring director Matthew Giaquinto, writer Barry Gerdsen, special FX artists Paul J. Mason & Fred Kraemer, actors Brian Campbell, Chris Paine Alan Ambron, & more
- Isolated music cues featuring an introduction by actor / composer Chris Paine
- “Vampire Girlfriend Roommates Part 5” -full original excerpt
- Drop Dead Films trailer vault
- Behind the scenes production stills gallery
- “The Between Time” -a CGI animated trailer for writer Barry Gerdsen’s debut novel with an introduction by Barry Gerdsen and animator Mike Cuales
- “The Day I Met My Mother” -a short film by Matthew Giaquinto (1995) with optional director’s commentary
- “Finding Destiny” -a short film by Matthew Giaquinto (2002)
- “Bad Feelings” -a short film by Matthew Giaquinto (2002)
- Reversible cover art
- English SDH subtitles