Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
Directed by Tom Hanson, who had previously owned a chain of Pizza Man restaurants, The Zodiac Killer was made to capture the real-life Zodiac Killer. That plan didn't work. Instead, we got the most outrageous and compelling ''tabloid horror'' vortex in the history of planet Earth. And beyond. During theatrical screenings, Hanson constructed in-theater ''traps'' to lure the killer from hiding. These included the use of an ice cream freezer filled with rent-a-cops and a raffle with a motorcycle as a prize. You won't get insight like this by watching a David Fincher movie. But you will get it while watching The Zodiac Killer.
- New 4K scan from the only surviving 16mm blow-up elements
- Audio Commentary with director Tom Hanson and producer Manny Nedwick
- On-camera interview with director Tom Hanson and producer Manny Nedwick
- Liner notes and director Tom Hanson interview by Chris Poggiali of TEMPLE OF SCHLOCK
- Tabloid-horror trailers from the AGFA archive!
- Reversible artwork
- Bonus Movie!: ANOTHER SON OF SAM (1977) from a new 2K scan!