Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
Black vest. No shirt. No fear. NO RULES!! Young karate expert Jack is stabbed through the heart by the vile Spithrachne, a martial arts cultist with a spider drawn on his face. Luckily, local voodoo master/tennis enthusiast Brother Banjo revives Jack from the dead to seek revenge as NINJA ZOMBIE! Shot on Super 8 in Chicago and never released on any format, NINJA ZOMBIE is an unrelenting ruckus of supernatural threats and high-kicking vengeance. If you’ve ever wished for a mutant mix of THE TOXIC AVENGER, 1980s Marvel Comics, and a 12-year-old’s unfiltered imagination, prepare to meet your new favorite movie.
NOTICE: NINJA ZOMBIE was shot and edited on Super 8 film. This transfer is taken from the original BETA-SP master tapes.
- Transferred from the original BETA-SP master tapes!
- Commentary track with director Mark Bessenger!
- Behind the scenes footage!
- IT COULD HAPPEN TO ANYONE short film by Mark Bessenger!
- Interview with star John Beaton Hill!
- Reversible cover art with illustration by Kelsey Spencer!