Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
Since our inception, Vinegar Syndrome, through our sister lab, OCN Digital Labs, has had the honor of working on dozens of restorations for some of the best home video distributors in the business. As well as being selected as a 'Staff Picks' title, we were also involved with this film's digital restoration in some combination of scanning, restoration and/or color correction. Films that we have worked on will be tagged with the 'Lab Work' label.
When Tommy was a boy, he saw his grandpa (Hy Pyke), the leader of a vicious satanic cult, murder his father in a brutal ritual on Halloween night. Now Tommy (Gregory Scott Cummins) is 18 and grandpa is ready to indoctrinate him into the ways of the black arts. But as night approaches, someone dressed like a member of the cult, whose face is hidden behind a devilish mask, begins stalking and killing people connected to tommy. Could it be grandpa, Tommy himself, or someone even more sinister behind these increasingly brutal murders?
Directed by Jag Mundhra (OPEN HOUSE, THE JIGSAW MURDERS) and featuring atmospheric photography by Stephen Ashley Blake (DEADLY PREY), HACK-O-LANTERN is a lurid mix of slasher, Giallo and supernatural horror, set in a frenzied world of Satanic Panic.
- New 2K restoration from the original camera negative
- Remastered 2.0 stereo mix and original mono mix
- Newly recorded audio commentary with producer Raj Mehrotra
- English language captions
- Isolated soundtrack option
- The Power Is In The Blood featurette (featuring interviews with stars Gregory Scott Ummings and Katina Garner)
- Rare public access interview featuring Katina Garner, Marya Gant and director Jag Mundhra
- Behind the scenes photos
- Trailers for other Massacre Video Releases