Welcome to the Vinegar Syndrome Staff Picks section, where we highlight our favorite releases from the many other fine labels releasing films on home video. This section, which will be updated semi regularly, features an array of crucial genre films, which no home library should be without.
YOU DON’T HAVE TO GO TO TEXAS FOR A CHAINSAW MASSACRE!
Grindhouse Releasing is proud to present the sickest and most violent of all the early ’80s slasher movies. A psychopathic killer stalks a Boston campus, brutally slaughtering nubile young college co-eds, collecting body parts from each victim to create the likeness of his mother who he savagely murdered with an axe when he was ten years old! PIECES is a wild, unrated gorefest, with enough splatter and sleaze to shock the most jaded horror fan.
- TWO complete versions of this shocking gore classic:
- PIECES (83 min.) – the original, unrated U.S. theatrical version, presented in English
- MIL GRITOS TIENE LA NOCHE (86 min.) – the original uncensored director’s cut presented in Spanish with original score by Librado Pastor (with English Subtitles translated directly from the Spoken Language)
- Spectacular new 4K transfers – scanned from the original camera negative
- Brand new audio commentary by star Jack Taylor
- Special 5.1 audio option – the Vine Theater Experience!
- In-depth interviews with director Juan Piquer Simón and genre superstar Paul L. Smith
- 42nd STREET MEMORIES – all-new feature-length documentary containing interviews with Bill Lustig, Larry Cohen, Frank Henenlotter, Buddy Giovinazzo, Jeff Lieberman, John Skipp, Lynn Lowry, Terry Levene, and many other exploitation icons
- Extensive gallery of stills and poster art
- Exhaustive filmographies
- Liner notes by legendary horrors journalists Chas. Balun and Rick Sullivan
- BONUS CD – original soundtrack – newly remastered from the original studio tapes
- Beautiful embossed slipcover
- AND OTHER SURPRISES!