A note to 2022 Subscribers: this is a UHD reissue of a title that was originally released by VS in 2015. As such, it is not considered a New Release and is excluded from your subscription. That being said, you may still purchase it at a 50% discount using the code below.
2022 Subscribers: This is NOT included in your subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, your 50% off SRP discount code is: sub50
This discount code will work with most Partner Label, VSA, VSU, VSP or Peekarama titles that falls within your subscribership (certain releases, like box sets, will require a different code).
This special limited edition embossed slipcover (designed by Tom Hodge of The Dude Designs) is limited to 6,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Many terrifying legends are shared around campfires, but very few of them are true. That’s what teenage Richie thought about the story of Madman Marz, a hulking brute who, as the story goes, murdered his entire family decades earlier and who can be summoned from the dead by calling his name. Unfortunately for Richie and his fellow teenage summer camp counselors, the legend is very true, and Madman Marz is back, freshly sharpened axe in hand, to continue the killing spree he began many years ago…
One of the quintessential and iconic early 80s slashers, Joe Giannone’s MADMAN piles on scares, suspense, and plenty of gory kills. Starring Gaylen Ross (Dawn of the Dead) and featuring colorful photography by James Lemmo (Ms. 45), Vinegar Syndrome is proud to present the ultimate MADMAN experience on UHD for the first time, from a brand new 4K restoration of the 35mm original camera negative, and featuring hours of extra features including interviews and commentaries with nearly every surviving cast and crew member.
directed by: Joe Giannone / produced by: Gary Sales
starring: Gaylen Ross, Tony Nunziata, Paul Ehlers, Tom Candela, Harriet Bass, Seth Jones, Jan Claire, Alex Murphy, Frederick Neumann
1981 / 88 min / 1.85:1 / English Mono
• Region Free 4K Ultra HD / Blu-ray Set
• 4K UHD presented in High-Dynamic-Range
• Scanned & restored in 4K from its 35mm original camera negative
• “I’m Not a Screamer” - a brand new interview with lead actress Gaylen Ross
• Commentary track with director Joe Giannone, producer Gary Sales, and actors Paul Ehlers and Tony Nunziata
• Commentary track with The Hysteria Continues!
• An interview with creator/producer Gary Sales
• An introduction by Gary Sales
• “Alive at 35” - a featurette with Gary Sales, Paul "Madman" Ehlers, and "Richie" actor Tom Candela
• “The Legend Still Lives! - 30 Years of Madman” - a feature-length making-of documentary by Victor Bonacore
• Original theatrical trailer
• Still Gallery
• In Memoriam featurette
• TV Spots
• Music Inspired by Madman featurette
• Deadpit interviews with Gary Sales & Paul Ehlers
• Reversible cover artwork
• English SDH subtitles