This special limited edition slipcover is limited to 1,000 units and is only available on our website and at select indie retailers. Absolutely no major retailers will be stocking them.
Dekanalog is a film and soundtrack distribution company dedicated to the release of the most unique filmmaking voices and musical scores from around the world. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
“We gave you all these ideas and you go off and make weird Frances Ha...” the famous last words of a producer who doubts the awesome power of writer/director/star Gillian Wallace Horvat. After a few idiosyncratic short films Horvat gave the world a concentrated dose of her meta-madness in I Blame Society, a film that destroys itself and its benefactors as it goes on. Horvat plays a funhouse version of herself, a terminally plugged-in creator looking to finally make the leap to the big time. With an atta boy from clueless moneymen, Gillian starts documenting her process of squaring up accounts with ex-boyfriends, old enemies, and innocent bystanders alike. “Authentic in more ways than one,” as Gillian herself says, I Blame Society is among the most pointed and dryly hysterical looks at the world of branding, buzzwords, and social media’s indemnification against serial selfishness. A true original, shot guerrilla style and with a cast and crew of friends, I Blame Society is a messy open casket
funeral for the independent American cinema of the 2000s.
directed by: Gillian Wallace Horvat
starring: Gillian Wallace Horvat, Chase Williamson, Keith Poulson, Macon Blair, Jennifer Kim
2020 / 84 min / 1.85:1 / English DTS-HD MA 5.1
- Region A Blu-ray
- Kiss Kiss Fingerbang: Horvat’s 2015 SXSW Jury Award winning short film Starring Anton Yelchin, Kate Lyn Sheil and Buck Henry
- Whiskey Fist (2017) Horvat’s follow-up short film starring Chase Williams and Heather Kafka
- I, Murderer (2016 -2018) Portions of the unfinished short that served as an inspiration for "I Blame Society" and featured within in the film
- Audio Commentary by filmmaker Gillian Wallace Horvat and Cinematographer Olivia Kuan
- Booklet Essay by Vickey Osterweil with an introduction by Screenwriter Daniel Waters (Heathers, Batman Returns)
- English SDH subtitles