Passing Strangers & Forbidden Letters: Two Films By Arthur J. Bressan Jr.
- Regular Price
- Sale Price
- Regular Price
- Unit Price
Yearly Subscribers: This is NOT included in your Subscription. If you'd like to purchase it, you will need to login to view your special 50% off SRP pricing.
This special limited edition embossed and spot gloss slipcover is limited to 2,000 units and is only available here at VinegarSyndrome.com!
Altered Innocence has been dedicated to releasing LGBTQ & Coming-of-Age films with an artistic edge since their inception in 2015. With a library of features and shorts from around the world, mixing genre with art-house and everything in between - Altered Innocence is committed to curating an esoteric library that is without peer in the current marketplace. Vinegar Syndrome’s sister company, OCN Distribution, is thrilled to be representing this diverse and unique home video line!
No other filmmaker better embodied the spirit of the gay liberation movement than Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. (Buddies, Gay USA). A true pioneer of queer cinema, his films fearlessly blurred the boundaries between the artistic, the erotic, and the cinematic — and never so clearly as with his first two narrative films, the critically-acclaimed Passing Strangers and Forbidden Letters. Altered Innocence and the Bressan Project are proud to present these two landmarks of early queer cinema, newly restored in 2K from their original film elements and with a host of new bonus features.
directed by: Arthur J. Bressan Jr.
starring: Robert Adams, Robert Carnagey, Richard Locke, Victoria Young
1974,1979 / 154 min (combined) / 1.33:1 / English 2.0 DTS HD-MA
- Region Free Blu-ray
- Audio commentary on Passing Strangers by Elizabeth Purchell, K.J. Shepherd, and Tyler Thomas of Ask Any Buddy
- Audio Commentary on Forbidden Letters by queer trans film critic Caden Mark Gardner and Elizabeth Purchell of Ask Any Buddy
- On-Stage Q&A with star Robert Adams and queer film historian Jenni Olson at the San Francisco PornFilmFestival
- Five early Super 8 shorts by Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. (New HD Restorations)
- Print materials & original photos gallery
- Original theatrical trailers for both films (New 2K Restorations)
- Double bill trailer
- Other trailers
- 20-page booklet with writing by Arthur J. Bressan, Jr. and an essay by Caden Mark Gardner
- English SDH subtitles
- Spanish subtitles